My name is Sarah, I'm 17, and I live in upstate NY. This blog focuses on things I'm madly in love with, amazing new lines and products, and my 'adventures in fashion'. Here's a few things about me:
1. When I 'grow up' I want to be a trend forecaster, work for TED, be an industrial designer, or run a professional fashion and design blog. I know that these are all totally different jobs, but I'd be equally happy in any one of them!
2. Kate Lanphear is my style icon.
3. Once I met Glenda Bailey ( the EIC of Harper's Bazaar), and she told me I was 'very Bazaar'.
(Bazaar meaning 'chic', not 'strange'. Although I'm not totally sure.) Then I almost passed out. (read about it here)
4. I love supporting new up-and-coming designers and discovering new fashion and design talent!
5. In addition to The Girl In The Check Scarf, I run a design blog called Addicted To Wonder.
6. I'm currently the NYFW correspondent for The Couture Report!
7. My favorite book is The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch.
8. My motto for life is "There comes a point where you have to decide what you want, and what you are going to do to get it." --My fantastic English teacher.
9. My family and my church mean the world to me. I'm a Mormon! See this for more info.
10. I'm obsessed with innovation, technology and new ideas. If I have any free time, you can bet I'm watching TED talks. I actually presented at TEDYouth in November of 2011! (read about it here)